Sunday, January 29, 2006

Not against Everton! Omigod. WHY. I know it's still in the midst of the game but when half time's over and your side is down by 1, you yearn for that draw that would provide the replay. That's the second best hope before the clear cut advancement. I think I'm going mad, my hands are trembling at the thought of a defeat. There WILL not be a defeat. There will be a miracle. I only hope to goodness there will be. I knew I shouldn't have turned on the computer to 'watch' the game. I should have waited until the final result when nothing I do or say can change the outcome. Then I need not wait in breathless anticipation but shriek with joy at a victory, sigh at a draw, or go straight to bed and curl up to wallow in soft sheets that provide little comfort.
Chelsea have a little less than half an hour. Don't break my heart.